Three Easy To Make BBQ Recipes
Summer is here and that means it's time to pull out your bbq recipes and start grilling. If you're looking for a few new bbq recipes ideas this year, we put together three easy to make bbq recipes that will make you look like a pro and you, your family and friends will love.
Here are three bbq recipes for your summer grilling season.
Texas Lamb Chops
- 2 Frenched racks of lamb (with fat cap)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons (60 grams) of unsalted butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons (48 grams) lemon pepper seasoning
- Cut the rack of lamb between the bones to form single-bone chops. Each rack will give you 8 to 9 chops. Place the chops on a work surface and season them with kosher salt on both sides. Brush a small amount of butter on both sides of the meat, then season generously with the lemon pepper seasoning.
- Once your grill is hot, place the chops over the grill. Watch the chops carefully as they should cook, forming char marks as the fat melts. Remove the chops promptly to achieve a perfect medium-rare.
- Transfer chops to a serving plate and enjoy.
BACON-WRAPPED CHICKEN BREAST
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup (240 ml) red wine
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- ½ tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 lbs. (900 grams) boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 16 (56 gram) cubes
- 1 ½ tablespoon kosher salt
- 16 thin slices bacon (preferably applewood-smoked)
- 16 fresh sage leaves
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Create a marinade by combining the lemon juice and wine in a large mixing bowl. Slowly stir in the oil with a whisk. Mix in the thyme, rosemary, and cumin. Season the chicken with salt, place it in the marinade, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or preferably long overnight.
- Lay the bacon slices flat on a clean surface and put a cube of marinated chicken on top of each slice. Place a sage leaf on top of each chicken cube and wrap the chicken with bacon. Sprinkle with cracked pepper. Slide 8 bacon-wrapped chicken cubes onto each skewer, making sure the pieces of chicken are placed slightly apart so that the bacon will cook evenly. Place the skewers ono the grill and cook, turning the skewers frequently, until bacon is crispy and charred and the chicken is cooked through but not dry, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a plate and serve.
CHILE CHICKEN WINGS
- 8 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon (18 grams) coarse kosher salt or to taste
- 1 tablespoon (8 grams) paprika
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons (8 grams) finely chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) turmeric
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ cup (120 ml) olive oil or melted butter
- 2 to 4 tablespoons (30 to 60 ml) hot sauce or Sweet Pepper Paste (recipe below)
- ½ cups (120 ml) cider vinegar
- ¼ cups (60 ml) brandy
- 2 pounds (908 grams) chicken wings (12 to 16 chicken wings total)
- Using a mortar and pestle, mash the garlic with the salt, forming a paste. Mix in the paprika, bay leaf, cilantro, turmeric, black pepper, and cumin.
- In a cup, combine the olive oil, hot sauce, vinegar, and brandy and then pour into the seasoning paste. Stir to blend.
- Coat the chicken wings with the mixture.
- Place the chicken wings in a single layer in a nonreactive dish. Cover and refrigerate, marinating for 1 to 2 hours or even overnight.
- About ½ hours before cooking, reserving any residual marinade, transfer the chicken to another bowl. Let the chicken come to room temperature.
- Grill the chicken wings over medium-hot coals, in a gas grill or under the broiler, basting periodically with any reserved marinade and turning frequently to availed burning, until the juices run clear and the skin is crispy and richly colored. Pile the wings on a platter and serve.
Sweet Pepper Paste
- 1 teaspoon (6 grams) Coarse kosher salt or to taste
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 to 3 tiny chile peppers, stemmed, finely chopped (3 to 6 grams)
- 1 tablespoon (8 grams) sweet paprika
- ½ cup (120 ml) lemon juice
- ½ cup (120) olive oil
- In the bowl grind the salt and garlic together with a pestle to form a paste. Grind in the chile peppers and paprika.
- Blending, drizzle in the lemon juice, followed by the olive oil. Mix well and let stand for 30 minutes in the bowl with a cover.