Summer and its hot weather are coming. Or, in some cases, it might already be here. Either way, there is nothing like cooling off on a hot summer day with some ice cream. . . Especially after a tough WOD.
The problem with most ice cream is it’s loaded with sugar. But with a few changes, you can cut out the sugar and have your ice cream along with your protein too!
For this delicious ice cream recipe, we turn to CrossFit athlete Paula Leyes. Paula is a CrossFit coach at Zoom Fitness in Miami and an athlete in the Florida Grid League, so she knows a few things about eating right and keeping your macros on point!
Now let’s get down to making some Ice Cream!
PREP TIME: 2 MINUTES - BLEND TIME: 3 MINUTES - YIELDS: 1 ICE CREAM
- 1 frozen ripe banana
- 1 cup of frozen strawberries
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 scoop Grass-Fed Whey Protein Isolate & Colostrum - Banana Crème flavor
This recipe is fast, easy to make, and tastes great on a hot summer day. To make this mouthwatering ice cream recipe, add all four ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Scoop out into a bowl. Serve immediately and make this enjoy! It's as easy and as fast as that! Save any leftover ice cream in the freezer.
232 calories, 28.3 grams of protein, 44 grams of carbohydrates, 5.3 grams of fat.
After your next workout, whether it be a home workout, run, or at your CrossFit box, slow down and cool off with some homemade protein ice cream. You'll thank yourself for it!
For this recipe, we're using and recommend the Banana Crème flavor of Grass-Fed Whey Protein Isolate & Colostrum from PNP Supplements.
Here are the benefits:
- Health-Based Nutrition: 130 calories, 1g fat, 5g carbs, 1g sugar (per serving)
- Grass-Fed Whey Protein Isolate: 25g per serving (30 servings)
- Bovine Colostrum: 5g per serving for immune & gut health support
- Branched Chain Amino Acids: 5.3g per serving (Leucine 2,546mg, Isoleucine 1,351mg, Valine 1,415mg)
- Essential Amino Acids: 11.4g per serving
- Probiotics: 2 Billion CFU per serving for better digestion
You can purchase the Banana Crème Whey Protein Isolate that we used in this exact recipe by clicking HERE.