Keto Friendly Football Party Food Recipes
Football season is back, the NFL is about to kick off and you know what that means. It’s time to get your TV and couch setup, call over a few close, and COVID-19 free friend to watch the games during the weekends over the next several weekends.
This year, more than ever, people will be watching the NFL football season from home, so its a good idea to have a few tasty and healthy recipes that will come in handy this football season.
Here are our top three keto-friendly football Sunday recipes for this year. Check them out below and if there are any recipes, we need to try this season, let us know in the comments below. Enjoy!
KETO CHEESE AND SPINACH PIZZA
Nothing says "football party" like pizza. The only problem is most pizzas will either send your blood sugar levels through the roof or taste like your eating cardboard. Both are no bueno, especially during a Sunday football party. So, what's the solution? Our Keto Cheese and Spinach Pizza!
Our Keto Cheese and Spinach Pizza are topped with a creamy garlic sauce, four kinds of cheeses, sauteed onions, and spinach. Plus it's gluten-free, grain-free, and delivers a low 10 grams of carbohydrates. Get the recipe below and try it out for yourself.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE DOUGH
- 8oz shredded mozzarella
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 egg the dough mixes easier if it is room temperature1 egg the dough mixes easier if it is room temperature
- 1/3 cup almond flour1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup ground golden flax1/3 cup ground golden flax
- Topping Ingredients:
- 2 oz cream cheese softened2 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp dried minced garlic1 tsp dried minced garlic
- 1/2 small onion sliced1/2 small onion sliced
- 1 big handful of baby spinach1 big handful of baby spinach
- 4 oz of your favorite shredded cheeses4 oz of your favorite shredded cheeses
INGREDIENTS FOR THE TOPPINGS
- 2 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp dried minced garlic
- 1/2 small onion sliced
- 1 big handful of baby spinach
- 4 oz of your favorite shredded cheeses
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Put mozzarella cheese and 2 oz of the cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave one minute. Stir. Microwave 30 seconds. Stir. At this point, all the cheese should be melted. Microwave 30 more seconds until uniform and gloopy (it should look like cheese fondue at this point). Mix in the egg and baking mix. You will need to dump it onto wax paper and knead it by hand to thoroughly incorporate the ingredients or you can do this in a food processor with the dough blade.
- Press or roll into a large circle on a pizza stone using wet hands or a wet rolling pin. Bake on the bottom rack for 20 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile, sauté onion over medium heat with a little olive oil. Once it is softened and golden add the spinach. Cover the pan and cook until the spinach wilts. Set aside.
- Mix the 2 oz of cream cheese with the minced garlic. Set aside.
- When the crust is golden remove it from the oven. Spread the creamy garlic sauce on, then top with the spinach and onion, and finally sprinkle on the cheese. Bake on the top rack for another 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
KETO BACON-WRAPPED ONION RINGS
Crispy onion rings are a great figure food for football parties, but bacon-wrapped onion rings are even better! Ditch the breading and extra carbohydrates on traditional onion rings and go with BACON instead! Bacon gives onion rings an amazing taste and the result is a delicious, low carb keto snack.
- 1 large yellow onion
- 12 slices of thin cut bacon
- Slice onion into 1/4 inch rings. Separate them into rings with two layers. I set aside the super tiny rings to use in another recipe.
- Wrap bacon around the onion. Each could take from 1 to 1-1/2 slices of bacon to completely cover.
- Soak toothpicks in water for a few minutes, then use a couple to secure the bacon on the onion.
- Place the bacon-covered rings in the air fryer in one layer. Note: You may need to cook two batches.
- Set air fryer to 370 degrees and cook for 11-14 minutes, until bacon is done to desired crispness and the onion is tender.
- Carefully remove from the air fryer, and place it on a paper towel to drain. Remove toothpicks. Serve warm with any desired keto-friendly dipping sauce, like G Hughes Sugar-Free BBQ Sauce or Primal Kitchen Ranch Dressing.
- To keep toothpicks from burning, soak them in water for a few minutes.
- Use thinner cut bacon because it cooks faster and makes wrapping the onions easier.
- You can use the largest rings from two onions and re-use the remaining parts in another recipe.
- No air fryer? To bake in a conventional oven: Place onion rings on a baking sheet pan covered in foil or parchment paper. Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for about 25-30 minutes until bacon is crisp and onions are tender.
A little guacamole just makes everything else better. You can use guacamole for dipping, as a snack with veggies, on top of grilled chicken, burgers, tacos, and much, much more. Here is a foolproof recipe that is perfect anytime you need guacamole.
- 3 avocados, pitted
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1½ tomatoes, diced
- 1½ garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 small white onion, grated or finely chopped
- 6 tbsp freshly chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 1 small jalapeño (seeded if you prefer less heat), minced
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine avocados, lime juice, cilantro, onion, jalapeño, tomatoes, garlic, and salt.
- Stir, then slowly turn the bowl as you run a fork through the avocados (this will ensure the mixture stays chunky). Once it's reached your desired consistency, season with more salt if needed and pepper to taste. Garnish with more cilantro before serving.