This keto-friendly and easy to make version of cashew beef will keep you satisfied in no time when you're craving Chinese food. You'll be surprised just how good it tastes.
- ½ cup tamari (gluten-free soy sauce).
- ¼ cup raw almond butter.
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil.
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes.
- 2 tbsp avocado oil.
- 1 ½ lbs. flank steak, cut against the grain into thin slices.
- 1 garlic clove, minced.
- 3 green onion trimmed and thinly sliced.
- 1 cup raw cashews, whole unsalted.
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the tamari, almond butter, sesame oil, and red pepper flakes.
2. Heat the avocado oil in a large wok or pan over medium-high heat. Add the steak strips and cook for 2-3 minutes; flip, add the zucchini and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
3. Add the garlic and green onions. Cook for about 1 minute.
4. Add the sauce and stir to coat. Cook 2 minutes more, or until the zucchini is soft but not mushy.
5. Remove from heat. Stir in the cashews and serve immediately.