Want to satisfy your pizza craving without destroying your nutrition plan? You need to try this veggie pizza. It’s free of grains and gluten. Grated cauliflower is the main ingredient in this delicious crust that you can fold up like a traditional pizza.
The recipe calls for zucchini and asparagus, but feel free to add other veggies on the pizza or any other ingredients you prefer to bulk it up. At less than 280 calories for half the pizza, this is a pizza recipe you can enjoy guilt free.
- Nonstick spray
- 2 1/2 cups cauliflower, grated (about 1/2 a large head)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Asparagus, optional
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, and preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Grate the cauliflower using a box grater until you have two cups of cauliflower crumbles. Place in a large bowl and microwave for seven to eight minutes, or until soft. Remove from the microwave and let cool.
- Mix in the egg, one cup mozzarella, parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper. Once combined, pat into a 10-inch round on the prepared pizza pan. Spray lightly with nonstick spray and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Top the pizza with the sauce, 1/4 cup mozzarella, sliced zucchini, asparagus, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Bake in the oven until melted and bubbly, another 10 minutes. Top with basil before serving.